Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thing #4

As I have been reading different educational blogs, I have found a whole new world of information out there. Some good things and some bad things about blogs. The blogs that I read today provided me with great ideas for my classroom like having my students read blogs for SSR. I would love to find some blogs that my students will be interesting and could read and provide comments on.

The great things about blogs is that they are easy to read. I think my blogs are written in simple enough language that even my third graders can read them. Also, because blogs are written in simple language it makes it easy for children to respond.

I am hoping to find some blogs that I can share with my third graders. If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. I think you can have the kids select books they would like to read that you are familiar with. Once they start reading, post a blog with a paragraph and a question about the paragraph. As they read and reply they can read your comments and this goes on through out the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you requested feedback in your post. That's a great way to get people to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of students using clandestine recording devices in the classroom is scary! Not that I'm doing anything wrong, but anything can be taken out of context!

    ReplyDelete