Monday, October 5, 2009

Thing #2

Prior to looking at Thing #2, I thought I was pretty internet savvy. Now, I realize I was a 1.0 user. I did not interact with the internet. I knew how to find information on the web but, that's about as far as it goes. I don't think I even realized how much was out there. I have heard people talk about different things like wikis and podcasts but I have no idea how to set one up or even how to use it in the classroom.

I am interested in learning new technologies and figuring out how to use them in the classroom. One obstacle that I think I may face is finding things that my students can do or have access to in the 45 minutes if our weekly computer lab time. Many of my students do not have access to computers at home but I want to expose the to what is out there.

I think that it is my job to expose my students to these 2.0 activities. I know they are not going to get the exposure from home. Also, in the future, I want my students to be competitive with children who have computers in their home.

I can't wait to experience more of the 2.0 activities and then use them in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment