Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Government Language

At dinner tonight, Jeff and I were discussing his unemployment benefits. It seems like the terms of the benefits can be confusing. The way I understand it is that the government has provided extended services for people if you fall under a certain category and then there are others who are having the benefits ended. Now, we are concerned that Jeff will no longer be receiving benefits.
So, after dinner, I went to the Texas Workforce Commission website to try to determine which group we fit in. Well, that was like reading Greek. It was like if you can stand on your head and spit nickels then you no longer have benefits but if you can ride a unicycle while juggling, then you get to keep your benefits.
With all that being said, it looks like we will keep our benefits until November. I hope that is true and I hope he has a job by November. I guess I just need to keep praying and keep my fingers crossed. Surely something has to come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment